I just love this weekend…for me it feels like the gateway to fall. I know, I know…it’s not technically fall, that’s nearly a month away, but every year when this weekend arrives, the last weekend in August, I feel like the door has opened to the fall season, and for me that feels like a season of change.
Most of my life has, in someway, revolved around the school calendar, and this weekend is often the final weekend of summer vacation. When I was young I spent this weekend at the county fair, and now I spend it at our local ‘ArtStreet’. It feels like a time of savoring the expansiveness of summer and a time for squeezing in the last couple summer projects.
So yes, you guessed it…this weekend I did both. I welcomed this season of change by repainting my living room and I savored the expansiveness of summer by parusing the fabulous art at ArtStreet.
Re-painting a room is an incredibly cleansing process and one that often ignites a series of changes…not to mention I just love how differently I feel after.
Each room in your house hosts a different purpose and energy. As you begin your clearing process, ask yourself what you would like to feel and/or experience every time you enter this room. Allow this to be your intention in clearing the space and imagine that in every action you are weaving this intention into the room.
1. Clear away any and all clutter – clutter is a distraction, not to mention it holds any frustrations, fears, or other heavy energies in your space. It will pull you away from where and how you would most like to spend your time.
2. Wash, vacuum, dust…thoroughly clean your space
3. Let in the light, Let in the fresh air. Open your windows and doors
4. Smudge – use sage (for releasing any negativity, sadness, or heaviness), sweetgrass (for welcoming a mellow soothing feeling), palo santo wood (for cleansing and refreshing) or your favorite incense. Gently sweep the smoke from your smudge throughout the room. Open a window to allow the smoke and cleared energy outside.
5. Crystals & Stones – yes…these are always a part of my cleansing process. If they’ve been in that space, I clear them too (check out this video on how to cleanse your stones). Then I carefully select the stones that will support my intention for this space and I create a sacred arrangement with to match my intention.
Here’s example of how I would use each of these tips if I were clearing my bedroom. I like my bedroom to be a space where I feel nurtured, peaceful, loved and well rested. So I would begin by removing anything from the space that does not support those feelings. As I cleaned, dusting under my bed and behind my furniture, I would think about how having a clean bedroom allows me to feel “nurtured, peaceful, loved, and well rested.” As I smudged my room with sage I would also reflect on those words, releasing any thoughts or ideas that do not support that vision for my bedroom experience. Then I would gather stones that also support those intentions and place them in a grouping on a plate on my nightstand.
Have a blast & enjoy Clearing Your Space
With the clarity of quartz, Shine Brightly!